New guidelines for earning community service hours
Do you wish to volunteer with Send A Smile Today™ to earn community service hours? Here are the guidelines for earning volunteer hours:
10 quality greeting cards = 1 service hour
20 postage stamps = 1 service hour
What is a quality greeting card?
· Cards must be on folded cardstock (not printer paper or construction paper)
· Messages are uplifting and are signed by you (first name only is fine)
· Cards do not contain the words “get well soon” or “feel better soon”
· Cards do not contain religious messages as we do not know the religion preferences of our card recipients.
· Cards are not holiday specific – only exception is Valentine’s Day – since this holiday of love connects with our mission to provide hope, love and support to those with cancer. No Christmas cards, no Easter cards, etc.
Do you have a service hour form that needs to be signed by someone at Send A Smile Today? Send your service form to us along with your donations and we will sign and email it back to you.
All service hour donations will receive a donation certificate from Send A Smile Today. The donation certificate will state your name, our organization name, the received donation date, what you have donated and the total number of earned service hours. We will email you this form so please provide your email address. When you send us your donation, please let us know you are submitting donations for service hours and that you need a donation certificate.
Mail donations to:
Send A Smile Today
9462 Brownsboro Road #381
Louisville, KY 40241
Can I donate matching sized envelopes too? Yes, we greatly appreciate envelope donations too. If you are also donating envelopes, keep the envelopes separate from the cards (do not stuff cards inside the envelopes). Also, if you are donating postage stamps, please do not add the stamp to the outside of the envelope – send us the stamps on the sheet they came on.
Click here for our card making guidelines.
Have further questions? Contact us. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.