Thanks to our many donors and supporters we were able to continue giving support to those with cancer in 2017. There were 109 new cancer patients who signed up to receive cards from Send A Smile Today in 2017. Here are our other accomplishments from 2017:
- – Increased donations of handmade and store bought cards, blank envelopes and Forever stamps by 56% over last year.
- – Conducted two local card making events resulting in 500 handmade cards created from the heart.
- – Maintained our social media presence with 15% growth with our followers in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn. Like us! Follow us!
- – Launched our redesigned sendasmiletoday.org website for easier card sign ups and navigation.
- – Three cancer centers/hospitals are displaying our brochures.
- – Partnered with two amazing organizations (FT Cares Foundation in Wheaton, IL and Top Level Fitness in Naperville, IL) where we were excited to be a beneficiary of their fundraising activities.
- – Partnered with Small But Mighty Books who provided all of our children and teen card recipients with a free Amazing Annabelle book – a story about a little girl going through a medical crisis.
- – Partnered with Crone Middle School (Indian Prairie School District 204) in Naperville, IL who have set up a permanent Send A Smile Today card making station inside their school’s library media center.
- – Held our 3rd annual bingo fundraiser.