During 2016 we mailed monthly uplifting greeting cards to 123 cancer patients throughout the United States. Since we began our service in 2014 we have mailed over 1,600 cards to nearly 200 cancer patients in 37 states! It is because of the help from our supporters that makes this possible. Thank you to our many supporters – you are truly making a difference in the lives of others.
Here are our other accomplishments from 2016:
– Conducted two card making events: 1) Lunch N Learn at FT Cares Foundation in Wheaton, IL and Austin, TX in June and 2) Riverside, IL to honor a former card recipient, in July
– Received handmade cards, envelopes and Forever stamps from Girl Scout troops, businesses, individuals and families
– Held our 2nd annual bingo fundraiser in August
– Selected as charity partner for the FT Cares Foundation Light the Torch walk in Wheaton, IL in September
– Established “Gift a Copy” partnership program in December with Small But Mighty Books where children, that we support, will receive a free Amazing Annabelle book in 2017
– Walked as team Send A Smile Today in our 5th annual Susan G Komen Chicago Race for the Cure in September
– Featured in a Naperville NCTV17 television newscast in July
– Maintained our social media presence with 26% growth with our followers in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Like us! Follow us!
– Founder Kim Whitehouse named 2016-2017 Ford Warriors in Pink Chicago Model of Courage and was interviewed by radio station 93.9 MYFM host Brooke Hunter in October
– Founder named Chicago suburb Glancer Magazine’s Hero Mom of the month in February
– Founder selected as Chicago Woman magazine’s Mover & Shaker in October